TattooInnerprize.com

TattooInnerprize.com
Locations in San Antonio and Boerne, TX

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Artist of the Day: Dr. Tom Verso " Dr. Voodoo"



Tattoo Innerprize offers professional permanent cosmetics by Dr. Tom Verso "Dr. Voodoo". Dr. Tom is a member of the Society of Permanent Cosmetic Professionals.

TI: Dr. Voodoo, are you really a Dr.?

Dr. Voodoo:
Yes, I'm a chiropractor and have a PhD. in clinical hypnotherapy.

TI: Wow! So now that leads me to why art and why permanent cosmetics?

Dr. Voodoo:
I have always been an artist, and got my art degree from the Univ. of Houston. I did a lot of work in clay, as well as, painting. As for permanent cosmetics, I started tattooing in 1988 and had so many people asking about permanent cosmetics I decided to get certified.

TI:
Now I gotta ask where did "Dr. Voodoo" come from?

Dr. Voodoo: I was a fighter pilot in the U.S. Air Force, and the "cool fighter pilots" had their own call sign.

TI:
Like Maverick in Top Gun?

Dr. Voodoo: Exactly. I ended up w/ the nickname Voodoo from flying the F-101(voodoo) and since my last name was Verso, they stuck me w/ Voodoo Verso. So my call sign became "Voodoo". Then after med school, I became "Dr. Voodoo".

TI: Wow, Dr. that's a great story. I wouldn't have expected that. Tell me about your favorite experience w/ permanent cosmetics.

Dr. Voodoo: There's more than one, but the most satisfying is when someone that has gone through chemotherapy comes to me w/ no eyebrows. I reconstruct the eyebrows using the hair stroke technique. So that when we finish people can't tell that it is a tattoo. They look so natural and realistic. I had one lady who had been going to the same hair stylist for 10 years, after we did her eyebrows she went to have her hair done. The hair stylist was shocked and said, "I can't believe it your eyebrows have grown back in so full." He couldn't believe how real they looked. Needless to say the client was extremely pleased with the result.

TI: That must be extremely satisfying, helping people who have had to battle cancer, and being able to share your talent. Well Dr. Voodoo, it has been enjoyable to hear your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment