TattooInnerprize.com

TattooInnerprize.com
Locations in San Antonio and Boerne, TX

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Artist Spotlight: Sabastian Luis




My name is Sabastian and I'm an apprentice under my father, award winning tattoo artist of 20 years, Javier Luis. I've been tattooing for about 3 years now and have been lucky to have met and worked with some really cool people all over Texas.

Tattooing has been a real eye opening experience for me, meeting real people with real problems, real lives, real joy, and real love for who they are and what they want to get tattooed.

Not only am I tattooing them but I also have to get on a more personal level with each individual so that way I can relate and put myself in their shoes. By doing this it allows me to get the right design for each customers personality.

Growing up in the tattoo world I grew up fast but it also allowed me to continue to be a kid at heart, and being able to hold on to my youth, it helps me to still use my imagination as a younger kid would. I knew I was going to be a tattoo artist or an artist of some sort from seeing my father and his passion for his own art.

Seeing all of the work that was put into each design was fascinating to me. Now being an adult in the tattoo industry, I know I have alot of work ahead of me but its a journey I have to go through to uphold my family's name.

So thanks to my Dad, Mentor, and best friend Javier Luis. Also thanks to my Mom, Gina Alvarez, and to all of the artists who have helped me with my craft today.

See more work from Sabastian and our other artists tattooinnerprize.com

No comments:

Post a Comment